Christmas decorating and DIY

As Christmas is near we thought we'd share all the festive things we've been getting up to! Being students, we can't always splash out on fancy Christmas decor, so we came up with a few ideas on how to spread festivity on a budget. 

Bedroom

On our hunt for Christmassy things I found a wire garland from Tiger which I used to wrap around my bed along with fairy lights and my room was already looking a lot more festive! To keep the vibe going I bought these flannel fitted sheets, which is the WARMEST thing to sleep on (maybe a bit too warm sometimes, but it's only going to get colder). Finally, I popped into TK Maxx on the hunt for a cheap candle and found this gem for only £8, and the best part wasn't even the smell - the wick made a crackling log fire sound when lit. 

Wire garland - Tiger
Fitted sheets - Primark
Candle - TK Maxx

DIY

I've always wanted to make my own wreath, but never had the resources (or any idea how to for that matter). So I did some research and went into my garden to collect some twigs and things. Luckily I have a holly bush in my garden, so I decided to make a holly wreath using some twigs and fishing rod.


Step 1: Create a circle by tying a few pieces of twig together with fishing rod.
Step 2: Tie clusters of holly around the wreath.
Step 3: Add some berries using super glue or more finishing rod and it's done!


Another quick and easy idea is to find your favourite glass vase and fill it up with Christmassy things you have lying around. I used baubles and pine cones, but anything will do really!


Hope you all have a lovely Christmas. Sophie and Damini x

No comments